What is a garage door?
At Kinema, we offer a wide range of garage doors to fit the unique needs of your home or apartment building. A garage door is a large door that covers the opening for a car to enter and exit the garage. There are three main types of residential garage doors to choose from: sectional doors, hinged doors, and roller doors. The main way to distinguish between these types of doors is by the way they open.
Our main focus is on lift-up garage doors consisting of sections. These doors are divided into different panels or sections and usually consist of 4-5 panels. They open horizontally to the ceiling and take up minimal space. Our garage doors are suitable for both private homes and apartment buildings. Trust Kinema to provide you with the perfect garage door solution for your property.
Kinema’s garage doors are designed with the following technical characteristics to ensure optimal performance and safety:
- Panel thickness of 40 mm made of powder-coated hot-dip galvanized sheet steel filled with freon-free polyurethane foam, providing optimal insulation for our climate
- Galvanized steel elements for a durable structure
- Door leaf that moves on rails and when opened, is placed horizontally under the ceiling
- Insulation with weatherproof EPDM rubber gaskets on all sides
- Panel design with finger protection to prevent fingers from getting caught between panels when the door moves
- Manual or automatic opening options
- Pre-assembled for quick and easy installation
- U-value of 0.52 W/m2K and R-value of 25 dB
- CE marked, ensuring compliance with EU environmental, health, and safety standards.
Kinema’s garage doors are designed with functionality and safety in mind.
- All our garage doors are installed with spring break protection, which prevents the door from falling if the spring breaks. This keeps the situation from becoming dangerous. The lifespan of the spring depends on the frequency of use, and regular maintenance ensures the safe and long-term use of the garage door.
- In addition to convenience, such as being able to open the car without leaving it, automation also ensures security. The sensors in the lower edge profile of the lift are connected to the motor. If an obstacle is detected at the bottom of the garage door, the door immediately moves up. The force of the impact is minimal and will not harm the obstacle, whether it’s an accidental lawn mower under the door or a forgotten child’s bicycle.
- The garage door is made up of interconnected panels that open and close as the door moves. Kinema’s home-based doors have a finger protection feature that prevents finger injuries between the door sections. The finger protection mounted on the panels safely pushes fingers away. Compact sidewalks make it impossible to slip fingers or other objects in between the door wall and side sections. Different types of rails are used as needed.
- The garage door is an important part of the building’s appearance. We offer a variety of panels with different finishes, so you can find the right color, surface structure and panel width. All panels are white as standard inside. You can add gear doors, windows or full vision panels, or completely glazed panels to let in natural light.
- The door can also be customized with low or high thresholds on the gear door. It is constructed with an anodized aluminum frame, with the possibility of painting RAL, NCS, or DB color cards.
- You can see some of the garage doors we have installed here.
At Kinema, we understand that security starts at the door, and that’s why we take garage door security very seriously.
A garage door is a large and heavy piece of equipment that can cause serious injury if not used, maintained or installed properly.
All technical devices, including retractable doors, can be dangerous under certain conditions. However, risks can be greatly reduced by choosing a high-quality door, proper construction, installation, and maintenance. When these prerequisites are met, the user can avoid accidents and breakdowns by following all safety instructions.
We take great care to ensure that all of our garage doors are manufactured, installed and maintained to the highest safety standards. We provide detailed safety instructions for the proper use and maintenance of our garage doors. Trust Kinema to provide you with a safe and secure garage door solution.
Read more about maintenance and repair here: Maintenance and repair
Garage side door
Having a side door that matches the exterior finish of your garage door can be a convenient and practical choice. It eliminates the need to constantly open the garage door to go in and out or to store smaller items. Additionally, during the colder months, using a side door will significantly reduce heat loss in the garage.
Kinema offers a wide range of garage door options, and each type can also be selected as a side door. This way, you can have a cohesive and seamless look for your garage and side entrance. Contact us to find the perfect side door solution for your garage.
The price of a garage door can vary depending on a number of factors such as the type of lift, size of the door, selected components, and other considerations.
At Kinema, our project managers are available to provide detailed information and answer any questions you may have. If necessary, we can also schedule a site visit to inspect the object and provide an accurate quote for the solution that is right for you.
Before selecting a door, it is important to measure the door opening and other necessary dimensions to ensure a suitable fit. These dimensions include:
A- Opening width B- Opening height C- Room depth D- Free upper space (i.e. the height of the lintel) E- Free side space on the left F- Free side space on the right
If you have any questions or would like to consult with our project managers, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are interested in obtaining a quote for a garage door, please fill out our inquiry form.
The form will ask for basic information such as your contact details, the type of garage door you are interested in, and any specific requirements or preferences you may have. Once we receive your form, our team will review the information and provide you with a quote for the solution that best fits your needs.
Please note that providing accurate and complete information in the inquiry form will help us give you a more accurate quote. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team for assistance.
Yes, Kinema sells insulated doors. Insulation is an important aspect of the garage door, it helps to keep the garage warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The standard thickness of the panel insulation in our range is 40 mm, but it can be ordered with 60 mm thick insulation if required. The thicker insulation will provide an even better insulation for the garage. The insulation material is usually made of polyurethane foam, which is a good insulation material that does not contain freon which is harmful to the environment.
No, Kinema does not have standard size doors. We understand that every building and every opening is unique, and that’s why we offer customized solutions for each customer. Our doors are made to order, taking into consideration the specific needs, wishes and requirements of the customer. This way, we can ensure that there is a suitable and well-functioning door for every opening. By working closely with our customers, we can create a door that fits perfectly and meets all the necessary requirements.
When planning the size of the opening for a garage door, it’s important to consider the intended use of the garage. If you plan to store one or more vehicles in the garage, you will need to make sure the opening is large enough to accommodate the vehicle or vehicles. Additionally, if you want children to be able to move freely with their vehicles, such as bicycles or scooters, you will need to ensure that there is enough space to accommodate this activity without damaging cars or other equipment.
As a general guideline, a standard single car garage door typically has an opening width of 8 feet and a height of 7 feet. However, it’s important to note that these are just general guidelines, and the size of the opening may vary depending on the specific requirements of your garage and the vehicles you plan to store in it.
Kinema’s specialists are available to help you think through the planning stage and to help you determine the appropriate size of the opening for your garage door. They can provide guidance and answer any questions you may have.
A well-maintained garage door should be easy to lift and move despite its weight. However, if you have any concerns that your wife or other members of your family may have difficulty lifting the door, it’s a good idea to consider installing automation to open and close the door automatically.
It’s important to note that garage doors can be heavy and can cause injury if not handled properly, so it’s important to follow proper safety protocols when operating the door. Children should not be allowed to open and close the door by themselves. Additionally, it’s recommended to schedule regular maintenance for the door to ensure that it stays in good working condition and continues to operate smoothly.
Yes, automation can be added to a garage door at a later time. It’s important to note that adding automation to an existing door may require some modifications to the door and the surrounding area to accommodate the automation system. Typically, the installation of the automation system requires sufficient top or side space. It’s best to consult with a professional from Kinema to ensure that the automation system can be properly installed and integrated with your existing door. They can assess the space available and give you an idea of the cost and feasibility of adding automation to your door.
Yes, Kinema can make garage doors in the color of the customer’s choice. Our garage door panels have a wide range of standard colors and surface finishes, but if you cannot find a suitable one among them, we can paint the panels according to the customer’s request using RAL or NCS tone cards. This way, you can ensure that the door perfectly matches the color scheme and aesthetic of your building. It’s important to note that custom color requests may require an additional fee and additional lead time. Feel free to reach out to Kinema to discuss the color options available and any additional charges.